Mathematician with specialty in functional analysis and
algebra. Current research interests include ordered sets,
decision analysis, fuzzy logic, and knowledge-based systems.
||Professor of Mathematics, San Francisco State
||Lecturer, Mathematics Department, San Francisco State
||Research Associate, Computer Science Division, UC
||Associate Professor of Mathematics, Institute of
Business and Economics, Moscow, USSR.
||Senior Research Scientist, Institute of Integrated
Automation, Moscow, USSR.
||Research Scientist, Institute of Control Science,
Academy of Sciences, Moscow, USSR.
Representative Professional Experience:
Over 40 years teaching mathematics on all levels from
secondary school to graduate courses. Supervised a doctoral
dissertation. Carried out research in the areas of functional
analysis, group representation theory, ordered sets,
mathematical social sciences, fuzzy set theory, and decision
analysis. Developed Expert Algebra Tutor Software.
The software has been used as a supplement to over 20 college
1971: Ph.D. in Mathematics, Moscow University, USSR.
1969: M.S. in Mathematics, Moscow University, USSR.
- Grant from National Science Foundation for studies in the
area of computational linguistics, 1984-1986.
- K.S. Fu Certificate of Appreciation, 1988 (NAFIPS
- Fellow of the International Fuzzy Systems Association (IFSA), 2011
- American Mathematical Society
- International Society on Multiple Criteria Decision
- International Journal of Uncertainty, Fuzziness, and
Knowledge-Based Systems (World
Scientific, An International Publisher)
- MATHWARE, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
Presented papers at more than 100 international and
Over 100 publications in English, Spanish, and Russian. List of recent publications; work in progress.