Title: Professor of Japanese
- President, Foreign Language Association of Northern California (FLANC), 2010 - present.
- Executive Board Member, American Association of Teachers of Japanese (AATJ), 2010 - present.
- Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT), San Francisco Testing Site Coordinator, 2003 - present.
- President/CEO, Northern California Japanese Teachers' Association (NCJTA), 2005 - 2011.
- Japanese Program Coordinator, Fall 2001 - Spring 2009.
- Faculty Associate, the Center for Teaching and Faculty Development (CTFD), Fall 2007
- Ed. D., Human Development and Psychology [Concentration: Acquisition
of Language and Culture] (Harvard University Graduate School of Education,
- Ed. M. in Education [Concentration: Human Development] (Harvard University,
- B.A. in Literature (Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan)
- B.A. in Economics (Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan)
- Japanese Interpreters' Association, Conference Interpreter
- Japanese Transportation Ministry, Certified Interpreter and Translator
- United Nations English Proficiency Test, Special A Class
- Level One (highest level) in the STEP (Society for Testing English
- Translation Instructor [taught at Simul Academy of International Communication, Translator Training Course: Japanese to English translation), Summer 1998 - Summer 1999, Summer 2000 - Summer 2003, Winter 2005, 2007 - 2009, Summer 2005 - 2010]
- Second Language Acquisition and Learning Language and Culture
- Narrative and
Discourse (including rhetorical structure and pragmatics)
- Sociocultural Approaches
- First Language Acquisition (Japanese, English)
and Linguistic Theory
- Business and International Education
Journal Editorial Board Member:
Classes in Fall 2012:
Courses Taught in the Past:
Related Web Sites:
College of Liberal & Creative Arts Home
Department of Foreign Languages & Literatures
Japanese Program Home