Style Sheet Mini Assignment 3b
Using embedded style sheets please do the following to this page:
1. Make all lists have light green background and italics text.
2. make a class called .redb and make the
section This assignment..... 3 parts -
have a red border.
3. make a class called .greenb and make the section
Consider using....covered by these - have a green border
4. make each of the numbers in the first list be giant font,
bold, and purple.
5. make the title of the page "Art 511 Art &
Telecommunications" float 50 pixels down and 50 pixels from the
Art 511 Art & Telecommunications
Assignment 2: Web Aesthetics: Judging Online Web Events
This assignment asks you to explore Web art aesthetics. There are
several international juried art shows focused on Web art, but the
of excellence are still in flux. This assignment asks you to refine you
own aesthetics. It has 3 parts:
Consider using the following criteria. Write a short commentary about
you found interesting in your top sites. In your own commentary you can
propose other criteria of excellence if not covered by these.
- 1. Picking the best from Ars Electronica and Rhizome.
the class is asked to visit the web sites selected from the
competitions to be shown in Ars Electronica
in either 2005,2006, or 2007 and from the Rhizome commissions
competion for years 2005-6 or 2006-7. The links are available
in the Art
511 Web site at Tele.webart.html
Act as though you were a judge in a meta competition. Which 2 web
do you think are the strongest, most interesting, etc. Why?
your site links and commentaries via the art 511 Yahoo groups site. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/art511telecom/
(Pick the web art folder in the bookmarks section - Identify
web art show it came from.)
- 2. Picking a strong site from outside traditional art
Web provides many cool site, best of the web, etc indices. Often
these sites push the frontiers of the culture eventhough they are not
as art. The Yahoo index of these indices is available at Tele.webart.html.
Visit two of these "best of the web" indices and find one site that you
consider strong, intriguing, challenging.....Upload your site link and
commentary (Pick the cool sites folder in bookmarks section - Identify
which web index it came from.) For example, Yahoo's
index of cool sites etc.
- 3. Read the telecommunications art chapters (6.1 to 6.4) in
Arts: Intersections of Art, Science, and Technology .
- 1. Visual Appeal & Effectiveness
- coherence, clarity, balance, innovation
- 2. Information Design & Navigation
- interface & navigation
- information structure
- orchestration of hypermedia
- Use of outside information sources
- 3. Meeting the challenge of technology
- responding to user circumstances - bandwidth sensitivity,
- Responding to new opportunities - online communities,
& imagmaps, new media capabilities
- 4. Cultural context of the Web
- Cross cultural design
- How does it relate to other media, expand traditional genres
- How does it respond to larger social forces
- Innovation- what new possibilites does it create
This page is part of Art 511 New Communications
in the Conceptual/Information
Arts Program. It was prepared by Professor