Portals Call For Papers!
Portals, the Comparative Literature Student Association's Literary Journal
is accepting student submissions of original, critical essays and short poetry translations that explore comparative literary topics across cultural, regional, linguistic, and temporal boundaries
for the Spring 2007 issue!
- Papers must be written in English.
- In order to be considered for submission, essays must compare at least two literary works from different linguistic traditions.
- Citations should include both the original language and the English translation.
- Papers should be no longer than 25 pages in 12 point font, and should be properly formatted and documented in MLA style
- Portals also invites short poetry translations.
- Submissions should include a copy of the original poem and an additional 2-5 page explication of the translation.
- Poetry translations will be published in tandem with the original.
- Please submit the original with complete citation.
All submissions are to be sent via e-mail as a MS-Word attachment. Submissions must include a 250-word abstract and a cover sheet including name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, school affiliation, and current academic standing; your name should not appear anywhere else in the proposal, since this will be a blind selection process. (Only papers by currently enrolled graduate students and doctoral candidates will be considered).
Contributions for the journal are reviewed with the understanding that they have not been submitted to another journal. Articles will be published online in the Spring of 2007.
Due Date: February 1, 2007
We recommend that you visit our website before submitting: http://userwww.sfsu.edu/~clsa/portals/
Please direct all submissions and inquiries to: email@example.com